Hello all!
Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop,
hosted by
Just answer the weekly questions found HERE.
Then, link back up at Coffee Addicted Writer!
Don't forget to check out the other blogs!
Question:
If you don't like a book that you said you would review,
do you graciously turn it down and explain why?
Or do you struggle through it and try to come up with
a half decent review?
Answer:
Honestly, it drives me nuts not to finish a book.
That is why I have become very selective on what books
I will take on to review or promote.
I really don't like doing any promos for something I haven't read.
So...I guess I'm the one that toughs it out to the end. lol

If I'd requested it saying that I'd write a review, but in the end I didn't like it, then I'd still review it out of courtesy.
ReplyDeleteBut if the writer requested a review from me then I'd probably try to at least finish the book (unless it's really bad), but I would have to graciously turn down writing the review.
But like you, I'm quite selective of the books I take, so it doesn't normally happen.
- Lettora (I'm Booked!)
I admire you for toughing it out. I just can't do that.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I think it will be a book I like and then it turns out that it is really something completely not what it appeared to be. Not the author's fault, my fault for not investigating more.
Don't read any books this weekend that you don't like. :)
Happy Hopping!!
Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer
Same. But recently I've been fearing coming across a book I completely don't like: I mean I don't think I could ever write a bad review of a book.
ReplyDeleteI don't finish books I'm not enjoying, but I do sometimes review dnf books.http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2013/08/book-blogger-hop_9.html
ReplyDeleteI finish books even though it bores me already then I will just give an honest opinion
ReplyDeletenew GFC follower
here is my Book Blogger Hop