Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays,
hosted by
Just share a few sentences from your current read!
Then post your link in the comments at
Should Be Reading.
This weeks Teaser:
Mother sighs. "Maybe not, but you still have to go through it, society expects it. You'll have a new owner soon."
She's right. A warlock could ask to buy me at any time. There's nothing I can do about it. I follow mother from the room, bowing my head with the hope that it will keep further attention from me. But it's too late to hope. I will always be owned.
This was from the First Chapter of
You Are Mine (Mine #1) by Janeal Falor!
I have been dying to dive into this book.
I hope it continues its awesomeness...
Then her ownership is won by a barbarian from another country. With the uncertainty that comes from belonging to a new warlock, Serena questions if being tarnished is really worse than being owned by a barbarian, and tempts fate by breaking the rules. When he looks the other way instead of punishing her, she discovers a new world. The more she ventures into the forbidden, the more she learns of love and a freedom just out of reach. Serena longs for both. But in a society where women are only ever property, hoping for more could be deadly.

Love this teaser. There is so much emotion in it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesdays-august-27th.html
I agree with Cheryl. I felt sadness, hopelessness, but maybe a bit of defiance.
ReplyDeleteMy tease is from Profiler by Mi Lei - http://wp.me/p27ipo-3Z6