Hello all!
Welcome to this really cool meme,
The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by
This is all you do:
1. Post your answer to the weekly question
2. Add your link at Coffee Addicted Writer
3. Check out the other blogs on the hop!
Q: So, would you read a book because of the hype?
A: Hmmm. Probably. I refused to read The Hunger Games for the longest
because it was so hyped up. When I finally read it, I was like, well ok.
Now, I understand the hype! I'm still careful about what books I jump into,
but the hype doesn't turn me off like it used to. Sometimes,
you find really great books that way!
Oh yeah, I didn't get into Harry Potter until
I picked up a copy of Deathly Hallows on sale.
It was the first Harry Potter book I read. LOL.
I went back and bought the rest and started
from the beginning and worked all the way back through.
It was awesome!
Be sure to check out the other blogs on the hop!

Yes some books that are recipients of the hype do deserve it. It still takes some discernment to know whether they might be for us. Also there is that element of nice surprise when we find something that just is and we didn't expect it.
ReplyDeleteI check out books but don't necessarily read them unless I know I will like them.
ReplyDeleteYou have a great answer.
Stop by for my full answer if you like.
Happy Hopping!!
Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My
Blog Hop Answer
Thanks Elizabeth! I'm going to go check out your blog right now...
DeleteI didn't use to pay much attention to hype, either, until a fateful encounter at a midnight release party...now I DEFINITELY do! But, there are certain books I won't read, no matter how hyped up they are.
ReplyDeleteI tried to read The Hunger Games, but just couldn't get into the series. I just don't like the premise of the story at all.
Thanks for your answer! Happy Reading!! :)
Thank you for stopping by and commenting!
DeleteThis is a test comment.
ReplyDeleteI'm yet to read The Hunger Games, I know shock horror right? LOL
ReplyDeleteMy Friday Meme
*faints*
DeleteLMAO!
Great post, both those series I love, new GFC follower. Visit my post. http://ashleynemer.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete