Hello all!
Welcome to
Think Out Loud!
It is a weekly meme I host on Thursdays that encourages
a break outside of the blogging rut!
You can post WHATEVER you want!
Be sure to link up below with your post please!
So... I was really torn about what to do this week.
However, I decided I would go with a topic
that has had a huge amount of exposure lately.
Of course,
I'm talking about
Miley Cyrus.
Did a shudder run through your weary bones when you heard her name?
Or did you immediately want to defend her?
Or did you just not give a shit?
The 2013 VMA performance is where all of this attention began.
Miley had a wild performance with singer, Robin Thicke.
Her "twerking" was a little too much for the audience
and I believe several people's heads exploded during filming.
Personally, I don't think it did her voice the justice it deserved.
That's right folks...
I think Miley Cyrus has a good voice AND
I like her music.
There, admitting it is the first step!
LOL
There has been some controversy
between Sinead O'Connor and Miley.
The original letter from Sinead to Miley is HERE.
Evidentally, Miley then said something about Sineads mental health, HERE.
Anyways, even Amanda Palmer throws in her own two cents, HERE.
My opinion?
Miley is a very talented singer.
Her "art" isn't quite my thing,
but I am not going to fault her for it.
Here is a cool Acapella version of
We Can't Stop
with Miley, Jimmy Fallon and the Roots.
So, what are you Thinking Out Loud this week?

I loved We Can't Stop before I knew it was Miley's song. Then I saw the video which I think is really cool. But even if I hated her music, I grew up with Madonna shocking the world in her panties and pointy bras. We all have to do our own thing. Love the video clip, Think. How fun! Man I wish I could sing.
ReplyDeleteMadonna, LOL. And I agree with you 100%.
DeleteHmmmmm I shuddered or was it more like cringed when I read Miley Cyrus. Don't get mad but I'm not a Miley fan, sorry but I don't like her voice, her songs aren't my type, and well...I'm tried of hearing about her. My younger sister also likes her but I just....no, she's just no. And I do feel like she's putting on an act of some sort just to be something. Like is she really that dumb? (talking about that interview with Matt on Good Morning America) But I did enjoy her SNL skit.
ReplyDeleteHer SNL show was pretty good. I totally get the just no. lol. I'm like that with most country or rap music.
DeleteHehe that's good. I am not a fan but I don't hate her either.
ReplyDeleteI'm at the part of the people who 'don't give a shit' as you said. :)
This week I'm thinking about possibilities.
Take a look. http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/10/think-out-loud-possibility.html
At least you know where you stand! Loved your TOL
DeleteWow what can I say about the Myley controversey? In my oppinion she has not done herself any justice by the way she has been acting. It does not take any talent to parade around nude or act sluttish. As far as I am concerned she has not shown off her talented voice at all lately and I will not be listening to anymore of her music in the near future,
ReplyDeleteWell you could still listen and not have to watch. That's kind of what I do. LOL
DeleteOhhoho, I'm so glad you went here, Think! LOL I think it's all gotten her lots of publicity which was probably the goal. I'm not gonna judge either way...like Robyn, I grew up watching Madonna, so I'm not phased all that much.
ReplyDeleteMe either! lol
DeleteThere's another guy who made a cover of Miley's "Wrecking Ball" and it was just fantastic! Well, I don't agree with what Miley is doing... but her song Wrecking Ball and the video, I totally get and understand. The twerk, the tongue out, and the rest of what she is doing, I don't give a shit.
ReplyDeleteThe tongue stuck out is really annoying!
DeleteThough I'm not a fan of her music, I have no issues with her. People seem to forget that's she's a performer. She's paid to act and promote and make an image. What we see on the screen is something her people create. And supposedly she took on Britney's old manager, the one that had Britney dancing with a snake on the VMAs. So it's not really surprise she suddenly has a new sexier image.
ReplyDeleteI definitely don't think it's right or fair to call her slutty. That's slut shaming and needs to end immediately. Just because she's dancing around naked doesn't mean she's sleeping with every man she comes across and if she is that's not our business.
100% AGREE!
Delete