Thursday, April 25, 2013

Think Out Loud #41: Book Geek


Hello all!

First of all, I want to say sorry for not posting much lately.
My computer has been on the fritz big time.
I sent it in to be repaired and it is taking forever!
Now I am using an old laptop and it is sooooo slow!
So, hopefully my real computer will be back soon
and I can do more posts again..

And now, on to Think Out Loud!


So, I was trying to explain to someone what I do in my blogging world.
They couldn't wrap their head around it. LoL

"You mean, you post stuff on the internet and people actually respond to you?"
Yes. Yes, I do.
And so do many others.
"Don't you get tired of reading?"
Ummm. No.
"Wow, I hate reading..."
*I about faint.*

I love this blog. It has given me many hours of enjoyment
and I love talking to different people (although I suck at it most of the time.)
I also love finding about different books and reading 
reviews of others to see what their thoughts are.
Although, I never read a review for a book until I have written mine.
I don't want to be influenced by someone else's thoughts
until I develop my own. 

Anyways, I was just wondering how you explain
your blog to other people, if at all.
Do you find people looking at you like you have lost it?
Let me know your experiences!!










5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, yes! I get the same thing. My family either gives me glossy eyes when I talk about my blog or that crappy smile that says, "Cute, she has a hobby." I am so glad I started my blog. My facebook friends completely ignored all my attempts to chat books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom is really cool about it and likes to check out my blog from time to time. But yeah, everyone else is like, what a nice hobby. Until I tell them I won a Kindle Fire from participating in a book tour for Pledged by Gwynneth White. (Very good book) Then they get interested! lol

      Delete
    2. A Kindle Fire? That rocks! hehe, hobby shmobby.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    This is a really cool idea I just don't think it's right for my blog at this time. Thanks for asking though!
    http://musicplusbooks.blogspot.com.au/
    - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, the people I tell are my friends and others who like reading aswell. So I get a lot of support and they understand and sometimes read my reviews.
    Although I refrain from saying blog. I don't like that word so I say page.

    I have come across people who have actually said I was crazy for liking to read books so much. I don't really mind, is it odd to feel slightly complimented =/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...