Hello all.
Think Out Loud is a weekly meme
I host that is a time to post
WHATEVER YOU WANT!
I post on Monday, but you can post any day of the week.
I will have a linky up every Monday for you to add your post.
For more Think Out Loud Guidelines, go HERE.
So, I was looking through pics and I
found two that caught my attention.
Both have to do with comparing
"Proper Literature" to "Science Fiction."
Here are the pics....
So, I was just curious. Is there some sort of
reason that these two genres would be showcased
as if they dislike eachother?
I have no idea why that would be and wondered
if any of you have any ideas?
Well, besides that everyone is jealous of his jet pack!
Duh!



I find both genres very enjoyable. Well maybe science fiction and fiction a bit more. but they're' both great genres.
ReplyDeleteAt one time, Proper Lit was Science Fiction. Just think about Frankenstein and HG Wells-proper and science fiction. The rise of realism in literature ended up splitting them into "types." It wasn't just realism but the fact that science fiction has become a specialized genre that is not easily accessible to the general public whereas as "proper lit" enjoys a Top 10 list in newspapers.
ReplyDeleteThank you for that explanation! Now I get it. I think. LoL Going to go check out your blog now!
Delete