(The Lunar Chronicles #1)
by Marissa Meyer
Published
Jan 3, 2012
387 pages
by Marissa Meyer
Published
Jan 3, 2012
387 pages
Cinder is a retelling of the classic story of Cinderella.
But this time, Cinderella is a cyborg. How can you resist wanting to read a
story about a cyborg Cinderella? You can’t, you just… can’t. So, I succumbed to this wild temptation and am
so thrilled that I did! Cinder is a fantastic read full of surprises. It
follows the story of Cinder, one of the most composed characters of the age of
16 that I have ever read. I could not put this book down because I was so
enthralled with the wonderful characters: Prince Kai, Peony and even Adri, the
old hag. The story telling of Meyer was refreshing and didn’t feel recycled to
me. I will definitely be finishing this series.
5 Stars to a Cinderella story that surprised me.

I always love fairytales and I like Cinderella as a Disney movie, so this book is definitely on my list! Thanks for the review.
ReplyDeleteI had been wanting to read this but, when I found out she was a cyborg I got a little turned off, but I still added it to my TBR list, glad to know that you liked it. Now maybe I will check it out
ReplyDeleteI just started reading this and so far I think it's pretty awesome. I was intrigued by the fact that she is a cyborg and what twist that would add to the story.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to pick it up! Thanks for the review!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I hope you like it!
DeleteI'm reading this one for a group read in February, I hope I love it as much as you did!
ReplyDeletethis book sounds great
ReplyDeletevera28546 at yahoo dot com