The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Published Feb 1, 2010; 363 pages
“The Iron King” was a magical read. It had all the elements
of a beautiful, silly and scary fairytale. I flew through this book fairly
quickly because it was just so exciting to find out what would happen next. It
is obvious that Kagawa has drawn upon other works, ex: Oberon & Titania
from “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” by Shakespeare. However, the characters
familiarity neither hinders nor helps, because Kagawa offers a fresh take on
them. The growth of the characters through out “The Iron King” was gradual yet
steady. The plot was interesting, exciting and fast-paced. Overall, I completely
enjoyed this book. Therefore, it gets 5 stars.
I am already about ¼ of the way through “The Iron Daughter”
and highly enjoying it. Expect a review for it soon!


Beautiful, silly and scary fairytale? I'm in! :D Sound like a great book.
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting! So far, I am on Book 3 and they have ALL been amazing. Hope you like!
Delete