The Genre Variety
Reading Challenge is being hosted
by Faye at A Daydreamer's Thoughts. This is the first year ever for this challenge and
I am super pumped to be participating! If you would like to participate, just read
further for more information. The following is copied straight from A Daydreamer's Thoughts.
The challenge is to read a large variety of genres within one
year.
Important Info;
- Runs from January 1st
2013 until December 31st
2013. Sign ups will be
open until December 1st 2013.
- There are five levels to challenge yourself too. You may move
up a level but not go down a level. These are all outlined below. Please
mention in your sign up post which level you will aim for.
- The genres you
choose to read are up to you. As long as every book is different, whichever genre you wish
to read you can.
- Every month there
will be a post on this blog to link up to your update post / review(s)
- There will be a
giveaway at the end of the challenge, and maybe a few within the year but these
are TBD.
- To sign up, you will
need to write a post saying which level you are challenging yourself too and
then use the linky list. Non-Bloggers may post in the comments of this post.
- Any book formats are
accepted.
- Novellas and Novels
are all accepted for this challenge.
- YA, NA and Adult
books all count towards this challenge.
- New sub-genres are
accepted. (for example, paranormal-romance, or historical-romance)
Levels;
-
Careful; 6 different genres, 6
books
-
Cautious; 12 different genres,
12 books
-
Branching; 18 different genres,
18 books
-
Avid Reader; 24 different genres,
24 books
-
Champion; 30 different genres,
30 books
Categories;
This is just a list of the vast variety of genres you have to choose from. I
have probably missed a lot, so feel free to branch off from this. These are
just suggestions.
Contemporary
Historical
Paranormal
Fantasy
Romance
Sci-Fi
Crime
Thriller
Adventure
Non-Fiction
Women’s Fiction
Chick-Lit
Dystopian
Epic Fantasy
Western
Comedy
Horror
MANfiction
Self-Help
Biography
Auto-biography
Religious
Fairy Tales
Classics
Erotica
Short Stories
Travel Guides
Ok.
I am going to be starting out at the CAREFUL level of 6 different genres/books.
I will increase my level if necessary, but baby steps is my style. LOL
Hope
to see you sign up HERE at A Daydreamer's Thoughts.
I love this challenge. I go in streaks with my reading preferences and am all over the board with genres. This is the challenge for me. Thanks for the heads up. I will work on signing up for this one. Best of luck with your goals.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Glad you are signing up!
DeleteOoohhhhhhhhhh.....this looks good! I've needed to switch it up and this works perfectly!
ReplyDeleteMay I share on my blog?
Absolutely! Just post a goals post like this one, then add the link to the Linky widget on A Daydreamer's Thoughts blog!
Delete