Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: "Divergent" by Veronica Roth



Hardcover, 487 pages
Published May 3rd, 2011 by Katherine Tegen Books
Read February 13, 2012 to February 22nd, 2012

In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.
Synopsis from GoodReads

I loved this book from beginning to end. I thought the story was fantastic, the characters intriguing and the imagery of the writing to be spot on. I especially enjoyed the character of Beatrice and watching her grow into Tris. She came across as such a strong yet vulnerable character. I just don’t know what else to say besides that I highly recommend this book to people that enjoy a tiny bit of romance mixed with lots of action. 5 stars to “Divergent” because it definitely lived up to the hype.

12 comments:

  1. This book is still sitting on my shelf! And the sequel to Divergent called Insurgent will be hitting bookshelves in May!

    Thanks for the review! Can't wait to see what you think about Insurgent :)

    Mia at The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! You HAVE to read Divergent before May! Insurgent is going to be freaking awesome! (I Hope)lol

      Delete
  2. Yeeee! I'm so glad you liked it!

    EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK. yes yes.

    I know I was slightly put off by the size of it but it's SO worth it!!! :D

    Nice Review!! Short, quick and to the point, I like it!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faye!
      Yes, I loved it. And thanks for complementing my review!

      Delete
  3. Great review! Loved Divergent too!

    I'm a new follower, found you in book blogs, and would appreciate a follow-back at http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I checked out your blog and loved it. Followed!

      Delete
  4. This book is so on my books to read! Dystopian YA have dropped everything else off the radar for me. Thanks for the review! And I'm looking forward to your next up book... also on my list.

    I found you through Goodreads, in case you are wondering how I got here.
    I am also a blogger and you can visit me with a returned comment at: http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com

    My blog is written by Seth and Erin, the main protagonists in my novel Cursed. They write about everything from life before birth, to life after death, including all the fascinating bits in between. Drop in with us and you'll see posts on love, curses, magic, angels, demons, ghosts and much, much more.

    Looking forward to getting to know you better.

    Gwynneth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I'm following by email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this book and its sequel on my Nook but have been a bit leery about reading them because of the hype. Thank you for this review. I think I will give them a try for sure now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely try them out! I thought they were both excellent and can't wait for the third!

      Delete
  7. Great review. I've been looking into this book and your review just pumps me up to read it even more! So glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read this book and it has been on my TBR list forever! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...